Summary: Maintains records of routine accounting transactions by making entries, researching the general ledger and completing account reconciliations, which may be for a specified area such as NCD, Rehab, Payroll or IS. Assists in the analysis and interpretation of accounting records for use by management.
- Performs account reconciliations, trend analysis, and analyzes for completeness.
- Researches information requests and responds to issues involving payroll (or other specific) general ledger accounts.
- Prepares journal entries, generates reports, and participates in related monthly accounting activities to ensure timely ledger close.
- Codes and submits check deposits and AP check requests documenting business transactions.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Assists in special projects, as assigned.
- Knowledge of GAAP and/or payroll accounting.
- Computer literacy, including Excel, Word, Access, and related accounting/payroll systems. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Organization and analytical skills.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel:
Mission: NPORT's mission is to fill facility health care staffing needs with competent, qualified clinicians in a timely basis. We will simultaneously fill our clinicians' work needs by providing them with full work schedules and preparing them to succeed in their assignments. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, or combined education/experience equivalent.
- Working towards CPA preferred
- 2 years accounting experience. Depending on assignment, degree may substitute experience requirement.