It's New Years once again and time to look ahead to 2011.
One of the things I like the most about starting a new year, is that you get to start all over with a fresh slate. It's a time to reflect on the past year, make new resolutions, and set up goals for the upcoming year. People generally make all sorts of resolutions, even though many of them are so very easy to break. But here are five resolutions that can make your life happier and more successful:
- Make family a priority - it's so easy to put other things on your schedule and neglect spending time with the people you care about the most. Make a point to plan quality family time into your week. Just finding time to touch base with the people in your family, and find out what is going on in their life, will help you build stronger relationships.
- Get some exercise - even if you aren't trying to lose weight or get in shape specifically, staying healthy is important. Taking time out to get some exercise can clear your mind and release some stress. If you're like me, my time at the gym is the first thing I will cut out when my schedule gets busy. But by making it a resolution, you can challenge yourself to actually stick with an exercise schedule.
- Make friendships important - having good relationships with other people in our lives can make us feel happy and fulfilled. Don't let Facebook be the only way you connect with your friends; arrange times when you can meet up and catch up face to face. Plan a shopping trip, a pot luck dinner party, or just meet for coffee.
- Get rid of clutter - start your new year off fresh by getting rid of clutter around your home or workspace. Most of the time we have much more stuff than we could possibly use or need. So, throw it away or give it away. When you clear out things you don't need, you're inviting new things to enter your world.
- Stop procrastinating, today - The only thing that procrastination actually accomplishes is failure. Make a resolution to stop procrastinating today. Don't put it off until tomorrow or next week.
Whatever your resolutions are this year, I hope that all of your dreams come true this year. So raise your glass and toast to the start of a great new year.
Are you looking for a job in retail? Be sure to check out Retailgigs.
By Melissa Kennedy- Melissa is a 9 year blog veteran and a freelance writer, along with helping others find the job of their dreams, she enjoys computer geekery, raising a teenager, supporting her local library, writing about herself in the third person and working on her next novel.