Quantitative Business AnalystDeloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Deloitte & Touche LLP's ("Deloitte & Touche's") Audit and Enterprise Risk Services business has a risk-based approach, experienced professionals, comprehensive methodologies, and technical resources. Deloitte & Touche's services combine competency and experience in the areas of mission support, financial reporting, risk management, data quality, and compliance.
Deloitte & Touche LLP Federal Accounting Valuation & Analytics (AVA) practice is focused on risks at the core of an agency's financial or mission operations - data. Federal AVA professionals typically possess some combination of accounting, finance, analytical, controls, business process, and information technology knowledge to assist agencies with analyzing and enhancing the quality, usability and availability of data. Our services aim to turn data into reliable information to allow agencies to make better business decisions, assist agencies in improving financial and operation data to enhance decision making, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Risk based performance management reporting and dashboards
- Regulatory compliance and requirements reporting
- Mission and accounting analytics for process assessment or improvement
- Statistical analysis and sampling
Data Quality & Integrity:
- Data quality assessment and profiling
- Data remediation and cleansing
- Data reconciliation
- Data conversion validation
- Data quality monitoring
Job responsibilities will vary by project. Examples of responsibilities include:
- Responsible for manipulating large data files, then transforming the data into business information that helps agencies fulfill strategic objectives.
- Search for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships by sifting through large amounts of data and explain the findings to people with varying backgrounds.
- Documenting code logic and procedures performed.
- Preparing executive level presentation to facilitate discussion of analysis.
- Develop solutions and recommendations for improving data integrity issues
- Develop and code business rules to support risk based analysis and/or risk based modeling
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel
- Understand engagement as it relates to client's business
- Assume supervisory responsibility for components of engagements
- Contribute to engagement planning and ensure that deliverables meet workplan objectives and quality standards
- Recognize and communicate opportunities to sell "add-on" work
- BS/BA in Economics, Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related area
- 1+ year(s) experience with data quality analysis, statistical analysis, financial or cost analysis, auditing of internal controls, and/or external/internal financial audit
- Familiarity with data quality tools (e.g., Dataflux, Business Objects, Informatica, etc.)
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to commute to clients in the DC metro area as needed
- Experience with mortgages, mortgage-backed securities, or other types of financial assets a plus, especially the origination or servicing of FHA and VA loans.
- Previous Federal Consulting experience
- Data analysis and mining experience using SAS and/or ACL
- Experience with Access and programming languages such as VB and/or SQL to develop ad-hoc tools and queries/reports
- ARRA and/or reporting experience
- Analytical ability to delve into detail while maintaining a broader business perspective on issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment that requires balancing competing priorities
- Certifications in SAS, ACL, CISA, CISSP, CPA, CFE
All candidates must be eligible to obtain United States Security Clearance
As used in this document, Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site () or one of our approved job boards, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at .
Category: Accounting & Auditing