Sr. Compliance Manager, Internal MonitoringResponsibilities
Citizens’ history began in 1871 on Hoyle Square in Providence, RI, then the city’s busy market center. In 1985, Citizens Financial Group was established as the holding company for Citizens Savings Bank and Citizens Trust Company, which evolved into Citizens Bank. In December 1988, Citizens Financial Group became a wholly owned subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc. RBS Group’s ownership gave Citizens the stability and support of an international financial services company – and a partner with capital for growth.
Citizens Financial Group’s 26 strategic bank acquisitions since 1988 greatly expanded its reach and its customer base throughout New England, into the Mid-?Atlantic and into the Midwest. The largest market-?changing transactions included:
* Mellon Financial Corporation’s retail, small business and middle market units in Pennsylvania and Delaware in 2001.
* Charter One Financial acquisition added Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, New York and Vermont to CFG’s retail footprint in 2004.
* In March 2007, RBS formed RBS Americas.
Today, Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is a $132 billion commercial bank holding company and its subsidiaries have more than 1,500 branches, more than 3,800 ATMs and 21,140 employees. It operates its branch network in 12 states and has non-?branch retail and commercial offices in more than 30 states.
The Compliance division of RBS CFG is committed to delivering advice, assistance, assurance and oversight across RBS Citizens. Our Values are based on Teamwork, Transparency and Accountability. We will be successful by establishing clear standards of excellence for our colleagues, attaining and using appropriate knowledge and tools, and ensuring timely feedback from credible sources.
Wealth management, CCO Investment Services Inc. (CCOISC), partners in all financial services - banking, investing, retirement and lending. Life Investment is the place where banking and investing meet. It's a highly personalized approach that will help us holistically protect our customers' money and support their growth. Through our dedicated business lines: CCO Investments, Premier Banking and Private Bank & Trust; we provide a differentiated customer experience in the wealth management segment. We go beyond stocks, bonds and mutual funds to include checking accounts, savings and mortgages. We want to get to know our customers on a personal level; with them every step of the way to help them achieve their financial dreams and goals.
Summary of Position
The CCOISC Compliance Division Sr. Manager assigned to internal supervision will oversee all aspects of development, implementation and maintenance of effective compliance programs for assigned business lines. While also providing consultative support and advice to business line management regarding complex compliance and business concerns. The Sr. Manager will identify, assesses, implement and communicate regulatory issuances and when necessary, update policies and procedures for adequacy and accuracy.
When needed, assist with the preparation for and the ongoing management of all regulatory compliance examinations. Develop programs within their assigned business lines to protect and minimize the Broker Dealer from regulatory scrutiny, by maintaining close working knowledge and remaining current with all applicable industry rules and regulations.
Primary duties include:
* Direct daily compliance activities of the Internal Supervision Department of the Compliance Division
* Structure, recruit, lead and retain a department of 3 - 5 compliance professionals
* The Internal Supervision Department is responsible for five main functions:
* CFG’s Anti-Money Laundering efforts, policies, procedures and reporting, where applicable.
* Daily review of Securities and Insurance trades processed by CCOISC and follow up on identified issues
* Monitor the handling of customer complaints, special investigations, regulatory body inquiries and the administration of any sanctions imposed against reps
* Daily quarantine and clean email review and follow up on identified issues
* Conduct investigations, report review and follow up on identified issues in cooperation with divisions of CFG
* Act as a resource for field, home office operating units and senior management with respect to compliance related matters
* Must maintain close working knowledge and remain up to date with all applicable industry rules and regulations and work closely with senior management in policy making decisions
* Work occasionally with General Counsel and/or outside counsel to ensure protection against liability
* Manage a team of approximately three colleagues including:
* Providing feedback to direct reports on a regular and ongoing basis; set goal and measurements to assess completion of goals
* Hiring, disciplining and separating direct reports colleagues
* Coaching and mentoring colleagues for professional development
* Assessing strengths and development areas of team and direct reports and accurately relay to upper management
* Providing assessment and pay recommendations
* Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field required; master preferred; equivalent business experience may be considered
* 10+ years broker/dealer experience (bank affiliated firm preferable)
* 10+ years in securities industry compliance position(s) (e.g. B/D, Mutual Fund, Investment Advisor, etc.)
* 5+ years in compliance management
* NASD Series 7 and 24 registration required; Series 65/66 and 53 preferred but not required
* Legal background a plus but not required
* Thorough understanding of the rules, regulations and legal requirements of the SEC, FINRA and general state securities and insurance regulatory requirements
* Proficiency and or direct experience with examination principles and practices for the securities industry
* Knowledge of operational matters within a Retail B/D and Registered Investment Advisor
* Able to support, present to and appropriately interact with all levels of Senior and Executive Management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical ability
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM