We apologize for the inconvenience but the job you are looking for has been filled or it has been removed by the recruiter. For your reference, the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Listed below are the top 10 out of 96 listings that are in the same industry and location as the job you were looking for. To see more than 10 listings, click here to search similar jobs in Buffalo, NY
2. Competencies * Problem Solving * Dealing with Ambiguity * Priority Setting * Planning * Peer Relationships * Communicating Effectively
•6. Typical Education/Experience/Certifications/Licenses * Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in IT, Computer Science, Finance or Business * Minimum7-10 years of progressive experience in systems / data function, preferably in the financial services industry
* 1. Major Purpose:
The ALM Data Manager is an integral member of the Asset/liability Management within Treasury, which supplies critical information and analysis for strategic and regulatory purposes. Employing a thorough understanding of the institution's data structures and the QRM framework, this position ensures the efficiency of processes and the accuracy of outputs. The critical job functions employ advanced technical skills and extensive analytical abilities. This position is a key leader or participant in on-going technology initiatives, as the ALM Data Manager must define system / data requirements, assess constraints, devise solutions and collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders.
•2. Scope information relative to job: * Reports to Senior Asset Liability Manager - Treasury * No direct reports * No fiscal authority, but will be responsible for assessing IT budgets and recommending resource allocations * Primarily works independently, with regular interactions with manager and other staff members * Highly complex work, with very specific competencies and equal attention to detail and institutional directives required •3. Major Functions * Manage data process flow for QRM function - establish / document / enhance process to load and reconcile detailed positions each month, in a timely fashion for monthly analysis / reporting. Employ automation where practical. Time percentage: 30%
* Interface with IT counterparts, business unit partners and other Treasury staff to define data requirements and deliver data elements to existing data warehouses. Active leader/expert in system conversion and data warehouse creation/enhancement initiatives. Serve as key contact and department representative on institutional data / technology initiatives. Time percentage: 20%
* Perform data analysis and validation exercises, to ensure accuracy of data and optimal function / output of the QRM system. Research discrepancies and serve as a project manager of a collaborative team to prioritize issues, develop workable solutions and resolve issues. Time Percentage: 15%
* Provide thorough documentation of data flow, processes and policies, to provide sufficient governance, ensure business continuity and full compliance with audit/regulatory requirements. Time Percentage: 15%
* Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Treasury function and its relation to business unit and corporate operations and strategy. Advocate the importance of the QRM system and its underlying data to other functions in the institution. Time Percentage: 10%
* Monitor technological advances in the financial services industry and the QRM product. Liaise with QRM vendor representatives to understand, recommend and implement enhancements. Time Percentage: 10%